At Extend Fertility, we embrace the principles of enlightened hospitality to deliver an outstanding patient experience. What’s “enlightened hospitality,” you ask? It’s a focus on how the clinical services we provide make our patients feel. We don’t just want our patients to have a superb clinical experience; we want them to feel good about it, and about our team.
A key role in bringing to life our enlightened hospitality environment is our unique position of Fertility Advisor (our FA!). We are incredibly excited to now be looking for our newest FA team member!
Our FA is a personal guide and confidante for women who reach out to us just to learn more about egg freezing as well as those who decide to move forward and freeze their eggs with Extend Fertility. The FA is a people person. She possesses curious intelligence and is motivated by listening to women, counseling them, and guiding them through the education and decision-making process. The best FA may have experience in healthcare, or she may have experience in hospitality. Or she may have sales experience. Whatever her background, we know the right fit when we find it. She is empathetic, warm and friendly, supportive and helpful.
The women who come to Extend Fertility to freeze their eggs tell us time and time again that the FA role makes their experience with us unlike any other healthcare experience—and we are extremely proud of that sentiment. Our FA team does a tremendous job serving our patients.
If this role sounds appealing to you—if you are an “FA woman” who wants to make an incredible difference in women’s lives—or you know someone who might fit the bill, keep reading.
Title: Fertility Advisor
Type: Full time
Start date: Immediate
Extend Fertility offers egg freezing services to women looking to proactively preserve their fertility options. We believe that women who choose to freeze their eggs have the right to the same level of service, emotional support and access to top physicians as women trying for a baby now.
Our goal is to provide an entire experience tailored to meet the individual needs and accommodate the busy schedules of our patients. We’ve embraced the principles of enlightened hospitality to deliver an outstanding patient experience, which means we focus on how the clinical services we provide make our patients feel. We don’t just want them to have a superb clinical experience; we want them to feel good about it, and about our team.
Our company values
Extend Fertility team members are caring, generous and openly curious. We show athleticism by embracing multiple roles and are courageous by taking smart risks to build our business. We value authenticity and believe honesty leads to trust. We strive to communicate superbly and are actively supportive of one another. We are passionate in our commitment to our vision: to help women live purposeful and fulfilling lives.
A key role in bringing to life our enlightened hospitality environment is our unique Fertility Advisor position (FA).
Our FA is a personal guide and confidante for women who reach out to us to learn about egg freezing, as well as those who decide to move forward and freeze their eggs with Extend Fertility. The FA is a people person. She possesses curious intelligence and is motivated by listening to women, counseling them, and guiding them through the education and decision-making process. The best FA may have healthcare experience, or she may have experience in hospitality, or she may have sales experience. Whatever her background, we know the right fit when we find it. She is empathetic, warm and friendly, supportive and helpful.
For women who have not yet decided to freeze eggs, the role of the FA is an integral part of a team educating women about the biology of fertility and egg freezing, while positioning Extend Fertility as the best choice for egg freezing. As such, the FA plays a critical role in converting new prospects into patients with scheduled visits and ultimately scheduled (paid) cycles.
- Establish a connection with women who are interested, beginning with initial inquiry, and nurture that relationship through the woman’s initial visits with the goal of leading her to schedule an egg freezing cycle, through in-person interactions and/or via phone, email, text, or other means of communication (e.g. Skype).
- Manage our relationship with women who are at varying stages of the egg freezing process.
- Assist the patient in securing the results of any tests and medical records. This may include calling other physician’s offices and/or health insurance companies.
- Properly and consistently document customer interactions in Salesforce and/or in our electronic medical record as appropriate.
- Proactively communicate with clinical team and other Extend Fertility staff to address any problems, mistakes, or challenges, to facilitate the highest level of patient care and deliver a superb customer experience.
- Be fully knowledgeable of Extend Fertility’s organizational policies, clinical protocols, and standards.
- Complete other assignments as determined by management.
- Possess excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills; be easy to relate to.
- Possess excellent organizational skills.
- Have a strong drive to reach out to prospective patients to proactively encourage next steps, with the goal of leading to a sale.
- Have a willingness to be persistent through follow-up (by phone and email), without being intrusive.
- Have compassion, caring, and empathy toward women who are considering freezing their eggs.
- Desire to be in a role that is a hybrid of patient educator/guide and sales person.
- Be comfortable working with physicians, nurses, and medical assistants as well as business and marketing teams.
- Desire to work in a results/data driven organization, a startup environment that requires flexibility and business athleticism.
Desired educational and professional background:
- A college degree, a demonstrated commitment to a personal or professional pursuit, or the equivalent. A degree in health-related sciences or a related field preferred. Prior experience working in a healthcare field, women’s health, or fertility is a plus.
- Two years of experience in a customer-facing role, either in customer relationship management role and/or a direct sales role.